Friday 30 March 2012

SEQUENCING :


This sequence of images I took of myself using a tripod. I positioned the camera on the tripod and used the self timer setting to create these images of myself dancing in my garden. This set of images was inspired by Julie Cassels. 


Here is another sequence I created of my mum hanging out the washing. I really like sequences in groups of 3. I think things generally do look better in odd numbers.


I really like this sequence of my dog moving towards the camera. I like the way he is small in the distance and gradually gets bigger through the different frames. Even though the first image shows him really small I love how it shows him running and his ears flying up. I had to be quick when taking these photographs because he was running towards me and I had to have a quick reaction time to get the shots that I wanted.


This was one of the first sequences I ever created when I didn't really have any idea of what to photograph. This sequence of photographs is very obviously staged as I didn't know what to do so thought it would be easier to stage one than wait around for something to happen which I could capture naturally without staging.



I really liked this idea of taking a photograph of a group of people standing at a bus stop, then a bus coming (so you can't see the people anymore), then it pulling off and leaving no-one stood at the bus stop. Instead of carrying on with my theme of three images in a row and chose to use six images, 4 of which showing the bus moving off. I really like this except how once the bus had moved off, there was still two people stood at the bus stop (most likely waiting for a different bus which stops at the same stop) but I really would have liked it if there was no-one left at the bus stop at all to create a nice contrast.

No comments:

Post a Comment