Tuesday 29 January 2013

CONCEPTUAL PORTAITS : Final Images & Review







These are the images that I have chosen to send to print. I chose these because they are abstract and feminine. I really like how you can't necessarily tell which body parts they are, they mainly just concentrate on light, shadow and shape. I like how they capture the architectural influence from Bill Brandt, but the femininity from Edward Weston. 







Here are my final 6 images printed and mounted. I got them printed at a place in York called Digital image. I really like their quality of prints and they are a decent price. I chose to get my images on matte/lustre paper 8x10. I then mounted them on white foam board and cut them to size. I really like this effect and think that just mounting them on foam board makes them instantly look a lot better. 

I am pleased with how this project has gone. When we were first set the brief I was a bit nervous because portraiture photography isn't my strongest, and I much prefer taking photographs of architecture. I then found the work of Bill Brandt who photographs body parts like architecture, and I really liked the style. I then was inspired to interpret his work in my own style. I really like photographing shapes, and I did a whole project on photographing shapes in architecture, so thats how I decided to go about my project. I wanted to photograph shapes of the body. The shapes of body parts and the shapes you can create when you make different positions with the body. 

No comments:

Post a Comment