Thursday 6 December 2012

ONE SQUARE MILE Assignment : Review

Final shots and order :






















Overall I am very pleased with my photographs. At first I was scared about asking people to pose for me to photograph them, but as I started doing it I realised that most people were fine with it because they all work in tourism and probably have their photograph taken by tourists every single day. Sometimes I struggled with my project because I had planned to go out photographing on a particular day and it was raining and the weather was awful, yet days when I had other commitments like work and college the weather was fine and I couldn't go out photographing, this was very frustrating. I had originally planned to take photographs of lots of people who are street performers but this didn't go to plan because a lot of the famous ones weren't out. Purple Man wasn't there, the Ghost Walk man wasn't there, there was no one stood outside the York Dungeons because they were flooded and weren't open. This was disappointing for me because I had to change my project from what I had originally planned on photographing. I think if it was summer I would have a better chance of photographing these people because they are most likely going to be working. Since their jobs involve standing outside all day everyday they probably don't work in the winter months. Although York is a tourist city all year round, there would probably be more tourists out in the summer months as well. This might have been better for my project if there were more tourists to take photographs of. The weather altered my project because York was very flooded at one point which meant that the Dungeons was closed when I wanted to photograph the people that worked there. I was then worried that not many people would be visiting York because of the flooding. The weather also affected my project because I went out to take photographs on different days which meant that the weather was different every time I went out. This makes the sky look different in my images as well as the lighting. When I see my photographs laid out as a set, although I like the set, I think it may have been better if they had all been taken on the same day so the lighting and weather was the same as some are darker than others. I think I had an adequate amount of time to take my photographs because I felt like I got done what I needed to do in the time I was given. This is because York is quite a small City and I felt like you can only photograph it so many times. I stuck to the brief of One Square Mile because I took my photographs within one square mile of York City Centre. I think if I was to do this project again I would do it in the summer so there was more tourists and more street performers. 












No comments:

Post a Comment