Friday 13 April 2012

DARKROOM PRACTICE : Actors headshots


Here is the contact sheet from this photoshoot. The purpose of this shoot was to capture actors headshots. These actors are also students studying performing arts. They are second year students who are needing 8x10 black and white headshots to keep with their CV's and send in with job applications. Whilst one studio was set up for a photoshoot with a white background, high key lighting and a digital camera, I decided to set up another studio with a black background, low key lighting and use a film camera to take some photographs. Unfortunately not all the students wanted their picture taken using a film camera so I only have around 8 or 9 images of actors headshots.



Here are some close ups of the actors headshots and some other images that were taken. I have only printed one picture at the moment, as with developing the negatives into film which could then be printed is time consuming. I am really looking forward to printing more images and perfecting the prints so I expose them to make them look as aesthetically pleasing as possible and hopefully my clients will be pleased with them and excited to put them with their CV's.


This is the first headshot that I printed from my developed negatives. I really like how this has turned out for my first ever black and white film portrait. Unfortunately through the developing and fixing process, using the tongs to move the image around in the liquid, I have scratched this first image. I will now know for next time to be a lot more careful when using the tongs and putting the image into the liquids. I also really like the mount that I have created by covering equal amounts of the photographic paper when it is exposed to the light to create this boarder.

No comments:

Post a Comment