Thursday 21 March 2013

ADVERTISING Assignment : PAPER CLIPS : Drawings and ideas


Here were my initial ideas when I thought about advertising paper clips. 


Here are some of my advert ideas for paper clips. I really like this idea of using them for something that you wouldn't normally use them for. I like the idea of having the same composition and layout for every single advert like I have drawn above. To create this set of images with the same composition I could create a template on InDesign with a slogan and a pack shot that I can just paste onto every image. All of these are things that show using paper clips for abnormal things except the middle one on the left which is just holding documents together. I probably won't be able to use this idea of having continuity within the images because they can't be all the same size - therefore they can't all be exactly the same layout. I have to produce three different types of advertising such as a poster, bill board, an advert on a bus, a web banner, etc. 



I like these two ideas on the left hand side, showing the paper clips in a work environment. This defines a specific target audience. I think it could look good by specifying a location in which the paper clips will be used and make it look like an office rather than a studio - but this also runs the risk of looking not very professional and looking cluttered. I then thought of an idea of showing the strength of a paper clip by linking them together and hanging something heavy off the end of the chain. I like this concept and think it could produce some interesting results but I don't see why anyone would ever want a really strong paper clip or intend to make chains out of them and hang heavy things off them, therefore I don't want to take this idea any further as I need to believe in an idea before I can work on it. The idea in the bottom right corner of these images is keeping important documents together. This is a really simplistic idea but I think it might be good as that is the general purpose of a paper clip and it might be good to come up with a slogan along the lines of "trust us with your documents" "we'll keep your important things together" or something to show that the paper clip will hold everything together well and won't lose things.



I have chosen to develop the theme of using paper clips for something that you wouldn't normally use them for - and here I have tried to come up with a few different slogans for the series of adverts and see which I think works best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment