Tuesday 5 March 2013

ADVERTISING Assignment : BISCUITS : Drawings and ideas


My first idea was to have a packet of digestives which was half open with all the digestives falling out. I quite like the simplicity of this idea but it might not be interesting enough and it's probably been done a lot of times thats probably why I thought of it as I've probably seen it before. I then thought of the idea to have a set scene and make it look like someones tea break or something. This might be difficult to create as we have to work in the studio so I would have to bring a lot of props in to make it look like an office or a home. 



Here is another idea for a double page spread with the biscuits stacked up on one side of the page and a dunking biscuit being the focal point on the other side. This might be too much going on in the picture. I really liked my fourth idea of "the nations favourite" and how the advert would show lots of different ways that you could eat/use a digestive biscuit, e.g. a cheesecake base, a biscuit on a tea break, a chocolate tiffin, crumbled over ice cream etc.


I then thought of how I would eat a digestive biscuit - and remembered that when me and my brother were kids my mum used to buy little decorative icings to make them taste nicer and give us something to do and keep us busy by drawing and creating patterns. I really like this idea as it is personal to me and will make the original digestives look a bit more interesting with colour. I then started to develop on my idea of the nations favourite and tried to come up with a different design with blocks of colour. I think this might be difficult as I only have a week to do it because I will need to do lots of different shoots to get everything on the nations favourite advert. 



Here are another two advert ideas for original digestives. The first one is "biscuit o'clock" and I think it would be quite interesting to test my photoshop skills and try and photograph an original digestive and make it look like a clock. My other idea I had was "they won't be around for long" but then again I think this idea has been done a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment