Friday 15 February 2013

ADVERTISING Assignment : BISCUITS : Research :



This is an advert for Belvita breakfast biscuits. I like how this photograph has been composed and lit in the studio. This advert doesn't have writing on it which I think would improve the image as an advertisement. I think that this breakfast biscuit is aimed at someone who is on the go and doesn't have time for breakfast, so the 'to go' cup of coffee emphasises that.


I really like this image, I think it has been really cleverly done to make the biscuits look like hay bails. I'm not sure how this image was created - it was either shot separately (the biscuits and the field) and montaged together in photoshop, or the image was a set which had been cleverly made up in the studio. I think the fact that they are in a field is representing what they are made of - this could be a field of wheat, oats or barley etc.


I think this advertisement is really strange and I don't really like the way that the boy is covered in chocolate. I wouldn't like to produce an advertisement along these lines because it could be very messy and ruin the studio.

I like how this image is set up like it is inside a house. I like how the image portrays that children are involved because there are the three childrens mugs out on the counter with the maryland cookies.I like how this image appears to be lit with natural light flooding in through the window.  



I like this advert and when I first heard the breif about biscuits I immidiately thought of the idea of 'getting them before they're gone'. I hadn't thought about the concept of labelling them with post-it notes like in this image.

This image is advertising Helmans Light Mayonnaise and not the biscuit. I really like this advert and I love how it has been lit with a halo effect. I also really like the simplicity of this advert and how the Helmans jar is very small in the bottom right hand corner of the image. I also like how the advert is accompanied by very small writing - I always like this look when it comes to advertising. This advert is fit for purpose because it is advising Helmans Light Mayonnaise and the advert is showing that the biscuit / mayo is so light that you can hold it up with one finger.



These two Oreo adverts both feature a glass of milk which is the trademark way to eat an Oreo. The advert aims to sell Oreo's instead of milk, which is good to see because it makes me think that I can add other things to my advertising photography such as props and set ups to enhance the concept of my advert.


I really love the simplicity of this advert and I like the way it has been lit. I also like how it has been shot on a yellow background which is a bit different to the standard white or black background. I love the concept of this image and I think it's really different and interesting that they have photographed a straw coming out of the biscuit. This shows that it has a milky filling because it looks like a straw you would put in a glass of milk to drink. This makes me realise that you can think outside the box and don't have to go with the most obvious idea that you think of.


No comments:

Post a Comment