Friday 15 February 2013

ADVERTISING Assignment : CUTLERY : Drawings and ideas


These are my first ideas. I really like taking photographs of shapes. I've taken photographs of shapes in architecture and shapes in bodyparts. I think it would be really interesting to take close up photographs of cutlery in a macro style and make them look really abstract and make the audience have to work out what it is. I think if they are lit well they could look really beautiful and interesting. I like the idea of photographing a metal egg holder, or zooming right in on a cheese grater and looking at it in an abstract way that will almost make it look like arhcitecture. I could have some cheese coming off it to show it in context rather than making it too abstract. My audience might not know what it is at first then they might notice the cheese and realise that it is a cheese grater. I also really like the idea of getting a close up shot of a forks and focusing on the metal prongs. This would be a really interesting abstract shot and I could use each prong to display a letter of the word fork.



The next set of ideas I have are based on an advertising campagne I looked at in my research where you used cutlery for things that you don't need them for. I would like to interpret this idea in my own way and photograph cutlery being used for eating things such as crisps and chocolate bars which are generally finger food / snacks.


No comments:

Post a Comment