Tuesday 9 October 2012

ABSTRACT FEAR Assignment : Editing Images



Firstly I opened an original image.




Then I duplicated the image so if I made any changes I didn't like I could remove the layer and start again without changing the original. I also needed another layer so I could rub out areas to make my model stand out.





After I'd made the duplicate layer, I went to Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur. 




I created the Gaussian Blur with a radius of 6.0






Once the image was blurry. I used the eraser tool to rub out my model to make her appear in focus whilst the rest of the image was blurry. This makes her really stand out.





Next I went to Image > Adjustments > Black & White.






This made my model REALLY stand out in the image, especially in her orange hat and scarf. 





Having added the Gaussian Blur and the Black & White I decided that it was too much and may make the images look too processed and tacky especially if displayed in a set. So I lowered the opacity of the duplicate layer to 50%. This made the two added effects look a lot more subtle but still make my model stand out.





I then went to Filter > Nouse > Add Noise





I added noise to my photograph to make them look more like they were taken on a CCTV camera. I added the amount of 15% so that it was slightly noticeable but subtle so it wouldn't look tacky or over edited.





This is a final edited image.

No comments:

Post a Comment