Wednesday 14 November 2012

FANZINE Assignment : Brainstorming Ideas

FASHION/BEAUTY ZINE :

I could create articles on street style and stop people in the street, take their photograph and ask them about what they are wearing and what inspires them when buying/styling clothes. I could do articles reviewing products e.g. a new range of foundation from a drug store or a new perfume released by a celebrity. I could also have an article about how to do things on the cheap for people who still want to look good for as little money as possible. This could involve talking about how to find gems in charity shops, how to DIY your old garments to make them look newer, or give details of a very expensive product which can be made more affordable by buying another brands alternative to the product or 'duplicate'.









MUSIC ZINE :

I could create articles talking about the music scene in my local area, which venues are good to go to and who are the upcoming bands. I could interview people who are in bands or regular gig goers, asking them about their opinion on music and what type of music they are into. I could talk about the opinion on chart music and how it has changed over the years and ask people what they think of it now. I could film people performing when I go to gigs and concerts myself. I could create an article on the new Leeds Arena, talking about its construction, estimated opening time, and interview people on the impact it will make to the City whether good or bad. 









PERFORMING ARTS ZINE :

I already have a lot of photographs that I have taken of previous performances, I could use this towards my zine and take new photographs of performances and some individual shots of the performing arts students as I interview them. I could ask them what inspired them to enrol on the performing arts course and what their aims are for the future and whether they want to try and pursue a career in performing. 









GOING TO UNI/NOT GOING TO UNI DEBATE :

I could interview people who have taken different paths after leaving school or college and photograph things relating to them. For example I have one friend who is currently studying at university and another friend from the same college course who is now doing an apprenticeship. I could write articles with an insight into their lives and what they do at uni/at their job and whether they think they made the right decision. I also know someone who has become a freelance make-up artist who does a lot of work on music videos and I could write articles about their choice in creating their own business.





No comments:

Post a Comment