Tuesday 20 November 2012

FANZINE Assignment : Task 2 : Proposal

For my Zine project I would like to create a magazine and a video zine on vintage style and fashion. I would like to go around the vintage shops in York and take photos and video footage to show what the shops are like. I may also like to try and do a feature about street style and stop people on the street and ask people what they're wearing. I intend to ask the owners/ people who work in the vintage shops various different questions such as why do they like vintage clothing, where do they get their pieces from etc. I would like to inform people with my magazine and video what type of vintage shops there are in York and tell the audience a little bit about them. I am going to produce a 2-3 minute video about vintage shopping and a 12 page magazine/booklet. I think I am going to base the style of my magazine on a magazine I used to get in York called One and Other. They were an artsy magazine that talked about fashion, art and things that were happening locally in York. The style of their magazine looked very much like a scrap book and I think this would be good for my magazine and would work well with the theme of Vintage. As for my video, I would like to take influence from beauty gurus on YouTube. I often watch their videos where they are out shopping and they have hand held videos of shops with a song over the top of the footage. I really like this style and would like to use this as inspiration for my video zine about vintage fashion. I am going to get the photographs and videos recorded as soon as possible so I can start editing them together and see if I need to get any more after that before the deadline on 1 Feb. I will need to start contacting these shops straight away so I can arrange a date with them that I can go and take photographs and videos. I will need my DSLR for photographs and since mine doesn't take video I will use my small compact camera for video. Since I am using low budget hand held video logs as inspiration it wont matter too much if my video camera isn't the highest quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment