Thursday 15 November 2012

ONE SQUARE MILE Assignment : Test shots : Favourites




I like how these three architectural images go together because they are shot in a similar way. They all involve lines and shapes which I always seem to be drawn to in architectural photography. I did a project before on shapes in architecture which involved taking photographs of architecture but aiming to emphasise the fact that it is made up of shapes. Since then I have always photographed like this and I really enjoy it.








Today we were asked to select our favourite images out of the ones we have taken in the square mile around college over the last couple of weeks. The above images are my favourite ones out of the ones I have taken. We were then asked to think of a narrative that could go with the images or if there is a pattern evolving within the images which creates a narrative. Unfortunately I don't think that my images have much connection other than the ones which were taken in the same style/place. This has made me realise that I need to think of a narrative before I do my own documentary project on one square mile. When I was taking these pictures, because I didn't have a narrative, I was just going round taking photographs of anything and anyone. This shows within my images because you can't see what I was trying to say about the one square mile around college.

No comments:

Post a Comment