Wednesday 2 May 2012

LOCATION PHOTOGRAPHY : Fashion/Portraits : Chloe

© Liz Cage.
All of these images are my own.







I loved working on this location as the light from the flash gun I was using bounced off the door and made the background really stand out and almost look like it was glowing. I think this image is my favourite image of the whole set as I love the composition, the lighting, the way the background stands out, and the way Chloe's eyes look so piercing and blue.







Although I like this image, I think the lighting here is probably the least flattering of all the images. I think because it was quite shaded there it made the image look quite dull. If I was to retake this image I would try and project more light from the flash gun to make the image look brighter and more uplifted.



I absolutely love this picture as it's so light hearted and fun. I love the way the blossom is falling around her as she had just thrown it. We tried this shot a few times from different angles but this is definitely my favourite composition of them all. I love how you can see the blossom trees and York Minster in the background and the location looks beautiful. 







I love the shadow that has been created here from the flash gun. It was interesting to move around the different locations and having to adapt to the different situations and I learnt a lot because I was on my own with no help from anyone on the photography/lighting and therefore I learnt how to deal with lighting and location issues myself. I find this is the best way to learn.







I love how in this image my models eyes are so stunning and draw you into the image. I also love the bright red lip and how it adds a pop of colour to the black and white outfit. I am disappointed in myself that I didn't get all of my model in the frame. If I were to shoot this again I would take longer composing the image and make sure I get all of her head and arm in. I felt rushed to snap the photo because at this point of the day it was very very windy and Chloe's hair was going all over the place, and I wanted to capture her straight away after she'd put it back in place again before it got blown away again.






No comments:

Post a Comment