Tuesday 1 May 2012

LOCATION TECHNIQUES : Areas of a place




For this location technique we were told to represent an area of Leeds through a few images. This would involve street photography and narrative image making to capture people in a place going about their everyday lives. The area I chose to represent was Park Row. This is a very affluent area where there are lots of banks, solicitors and nice restaurants. There is even a Jamie Oliver restaurant which is fairly pricey! When you go to Park Row, nearly everyone there is smartly dressed and/or wearing suits. I wanted to capture this and I have shown it in my second image. The third image is staged, however, it was inspired by true events as I saw a woman drop a load of change, and didn't bother to pick it up, and I watched a couple of twenty pence pieces just roll away. This could show that the people there are well off if they can just drop money and not bother to pick it up. 

We were originally asked to represent the area with three photographs, but here are some more images that show what Park Row is like.






No comments:

Post a Comment